With dozens of new beauty trends and fads each year, it can get confusing when trying to decide what beauty tips will deliver real results, and which tips are full of fluff. A good way to weed through the thousands of beauty secrets and tips is to go back to the basics that have been passed down from generation to generation. After all, old beauty tips & secrets that stand the test of time are surefire ways to get beautiful skin, nails, teeth, hair and eyebrows. With this being the case, here is a look at some classic beauty tips and secrets that reign true today.
One trend that has popped up lately is using beer as a rinse when your hair is looking dull and lifeless. It has also become popular to use lemon juice to improve the appearance of your hair. However, before all of these tricks existed, women used vinegar to make their hair shimmer and shine. Apple cider vinegar is a classic repairing hair rinse because it will close the hair cuticle, and balance your hair’s pH levels.
Here is how you can use apple cider vinegar to remove build-up, and bring back the shine to your hair:
- mix 0.5 cup vinegar and 0.5 cup water together, and rinse your hair with the mixture after shampooing.
- Rinse the mixture from your hair with water, being sure to avoid contact with your eyes to keep them from becoming irritated.
You can use this once a week to achieve good results.
Moving along, it seems like a new hair tool is released every few months claiming to be the best hair curler or flat iron; however, they always seem to leave women disappointed and a few dollars poorer. So if you want a classic and effective hair style, hot rollers are the hair tool to use. The hot roller method has been used for decades, and you’ll get classic curls quickly without using a curling iron. Enjoy more beauty tips for hair.
If you were paying attention 30 years ago, you would have noticed the food-to-skincare treatment trend that brought yogurt from the spoon to your skin. Well, this is a solid facial treatment that is easily done at home, and will give you some deep cleaning and exfoliating action.
Here is how to boost your skin’s appearance by using food found in your local grocery store:
- Combine in a bowl 1 Tbsp yogurt, 1 Tbsp flour, 1 tsp cucumber juice, 1 tsp honey, 1 tsp baking soda and 1 egg.
- When you are done mixing the ingredients, apply this mask to your face.
- Keep this mask on for 15 minutes, rinse with warm water, and continue your normal skincare routine afterward with a toner and moisturizer.
If you’re low on ingredients, you can use an egg for a face mask:
- Begin by cracking the egg and separating the egg white from the yolk.
- Then whisk the egg white until it is frothy with tiny bubbles.
- Then on a clean face, apply the egg white and wait 10 minutes, or until your face feels tight.
- Rinse the egg white mask off of your face and pat to dry with a towel.
- Take the yolk and apply to your face; the yolk acts as a natural moisturizer.
- Again you will wait 10 minutes, or until your face feels tight, and then rinse it off. Continue with your normal face routine with toner, anti-aging serum and moisturizer.
If you are looking for more interesting tips and beauty treatments for face, please check beauty tips for skin.
Tweezing can be painful, and waxing can cause your eyelid to sag as you age; so in order to get perfectly tweezed brows, you may want to try something that was originally made for canker sores. Gels used for the relief of canker sores will numb your eyebrows so that it is painless for tweezing. You should follow the estimated time of 5 to 10 minutes after applying the gel to your brow before plucking your eyebrows. It is important to keep the gel out of your eyes as it can cause irritation, so be cautious when applying canker sore gels.
It’s no secret by now that baking soda can brighten and enhance your smile if used in combination with normal everyday toothpaste. There are expensive products on the market these days that give you instantly whiter smiles in just hours, but they come at a hefty price.
To get a brighter smile without paying a lot of money or using up a lot of time, use baking soda, salt, and peroxide with your toothpaste 2 or 3 times each week.
Here is how to put the mixture together:
- add equal amounts of toothpaste and baking soda, then a pinch of salt; use enough peroxide to create the toothpaste’s original consistency.
This is great for women and men who drink wine or coffee regularly. But it’s not to be used on dentures or veneers because they are made of non-porous polished porcelain, which can be dulled by baking soda.
Women and men alike will notice puffy eye areas due to weakening tissues and muscles as they age.
To erase puffy eyes from your face, use cucumbers; place one slice of cucumber on each closed eye, and lye down for 5 minutes or longer.
Using cucumbers isn’t the only way to de-puff your eyes; getting enough sleep and drinking plenty of water also helps!
Hemorrhoid cream sounds like the last think you’d want to put onto your face, but it is actually great for reducing crow’s feet and other wrinkles on your face; it’s also used to moisturize your skin. Preparation H and other hemorrhoid creams are significantly less expensive than the anti-aging creams, serums, and lotions on the market with similar if not better results. Preparation H is also great for helping reduce the appearance of under-eye dark circles!
Sometimes older, old fashioned way is better, and in most cases, you’ll save time and money by not following all of the latest trends that come along… and do not forget to check our beauty tips, to enjoy more beauty tips and secrets for hair, skin but also how to create wonderful makeup and lose some weight!